Allergic to cats? Love cats, but can't keep them in your apartment? Want to prepare your child for the fun of owning cats? Then, here's the book for you: There Are Cats in This Book by Viviane Schwarz (Candlewick Press).
A novelty book that delivers (sadly, many don't), There Are Cats in This Book keeps readers busy following the playful requests of Tiny, Moonpie, and Andre. My son nearly threw the ball of yarn off the page! "What? How's that possible?" you ask. That's why you've got to pick up this book.
The ending also sets this up as a purr-fect bedtime companion. "P.S. There are fish in this book, too." And I must say that they are gorgeous.
If you're part of a KnitLit group (it's a kniterary literary thing), then you can knit the cats from this book by clicking here. Want to see what else the talented Ms. Schwarz is up to? Click here.
- ► 2010 (48)
- A Mouthful of Words and Pancakes
- The Kidlitosphere's Poetry Friday: Macaronic Verse...
- Corpus Libris: Are You Book Enough?
- Librarypalooza! Los Angeles Public Library: Los F...
- Librarypalooza! Los Angeles Public Library: Arroy...
- I Love KidLit!
- Random Picture Book Thought, or THE GROUCHY LADYBU...
- Librarypalooza! Burbank Public Library: Buena Vist...
- Los Angeles Public Library Mural
- Why I Love My Hubby
- There Are Cats in This Post
- We Share a Certain Chemistry
- Librarypalooza! Glendale Public Library: Montros...
- Librarypalooza! Huntington Beach Public Library
- Hippo Birdie Two Ewes, James Joyce!
- ▼ February (15)