According to H.L. Yelland's A Handbook of Literary Terms, macaronic verse is "humorous verse in which there is a mixture of languages, especially English and Latin."
Here is my submission for the "Monday Poetry Stretch" challenge at The Miss Rumphius Effect blog:
I have a lingua for lengua.
I got a schwa for bar mitzvah.
But not even I
Can use mein old eye
For decoding Joyce's Wörte.
Please click through the link to read other submissions.
- ► 2010 (48)
- A Mouthful of Words and Pancakes
- The Kidlitosphere's Poetry Friday: Macaronic Verse
- Corpus Libris: Are You Book Enough?
- Librarypalooza! Los Angeles Public Library: Los F...
- Librarypalooza! Los Angeles Public Library: Arroy...
- I Love KidLit!
- Random Picture Book Thought, or THE GROUCHY LADYBU...
- Librarypalooza! Burbank Public Library: Buena Vist...
- Los Angeles Public Library Mural
- Why I Love My Hubby
- There Are Cats in This Post
- We Share a Certain Chemistry
- Librarypalooza! Glendale Public Library: Montros...
- Librarypalooza! Huntington Beach Public Library
- Hippo Birdie Two Ewes, James Joyce!
- ▼ February (15)