Are you such a bibliophile that you don't know your toe from your tome? Your vertebral spine from your leather-bound spine? Your appendix from your appendix? Then the art of Corpus Libris is for you!
Formalized by Emily Pullen of Skylight Books in Los Angeles, the art of Corpus Libris consists of photographing a book and subject such that the two appear blended. Please hop over to the Corpus Libris blog for some cool examples.
When I learned about the Corpus Libris phenomenon, I dug around in my digital archives to retrieve the above photo of my son with a monstrous spread from Deb Lund and Robert Neubecker's Monsters on Machines.
Link in! I'd love to see your kidlit Corpus Libris pics!
- ► 2010 (48)
- A Mouthful of Words and Pancakes
- The Kidlitosphere's Poetry Friday: Macaronic Verse
- Corpus Libris: Are You Book Enough?
- Librarypalooza! Los Angeles Public Library: Los F...
- Librarypalooza! Los Angeles Public Library: Arroy...
- I Love KidLit!
- Random Picture Book Thought, or THE GROUCHY LADYBU...
- Librarypalooza! Burbank Public Library: Buena Vist...
- Los Angeles Public Library Mural
- Why I Love My Hubby
- There Are Cats in This Post
- We Share a Certain Chemistry
- Librarypalooza! Glendale Public Library: Montros...
- Librarypalooza! Huntington Beach Public Library
- Hippo Birdie Two Ewes, James Joyce!
- ▼ February (15)