In the above photo, my son takes on the role of Uncle Ede from head to tome in Bertolt Brecht's Onkel Ede Hat Einen Schnurrbart.
A book of twelve Kinderlieder, or children's songs, the titular piece translates roughly as such:
Uncle Ede Has a Moustache
Uncle Ede has a moustache
The moustache has five hairs.
And so that he doesn't lose any of them
Each one has a name.
They're named Fritz and Otto
And Max and Karl and Paul.
Max is somewhat sickly
And Fritz is somewhat lazy.
What are your must-have moustache picture books? Add them in the comments section if you feel so moved. Thanks!
- ► 2010 (48)
- Fuse #8 Inspired "Top Ten Favorite Picture Books o...
- Writer2Writer Revision Workshop with Lisa Yee
- The Soles of My Feet...
- Having Fun With Bertolt Brecht From Head to Tome
- We Are Here! We Are Here! We Are Here!
- ReJoyce in Children's Literature: James Joyce's Ki...
- Librarypalooza! Los Angeles Public Library: Eagle...
- On Beyond Zebra, the Bookshelf
- "Share a Story -- Shape a Future" Blog Tour for Li...
- Seuss-athon: Party # 5 of 5!
- Seuss-athon: The Cat in the Hat Rocks the Library!...
- Seuss-athon: Happy Birthday, Dr. Sweet Horse!
- Seuss-athon: ¡Celebre el Cumpleaños del Gato con S...
- Seuss-athon: Happy Birthday, Dr. Seuss!
- ▼ March (14)